Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Dark Knight failed me...

*READER NOTICE! AUTHOR OF BLOG IS EXTREMELY SARCASTIC, DON'T TAKE ANYTHING THE WRONG WAY!*

If you're one of the 22 million people who saw Batman the Dark Knight and absolutely LOVED it, please read this because I love making people mad. ;] don't get me wrong; I LOVE Batman, but this particular movie completely failed me. I was so sad, I probably could have cried. I was SOOOO looking forward to seeing it and after all the good news I had heard about it I just KNEW I was going to love it...but no. after putting together a collection of OPINIONS throughout the 2 1/2 hour long movie, I wondered to myself what on Earth made this movie so amazing?! Was it the numerous sloppy and loose ends or the lack of information at the most crucial parts? Or maybe it was all the twists and turns that lead to absolutely nothing! Or could it be the long and pointless scenes that didn't matter in the long run? Well let me give you some example before I get a bunch of hate mail [not that it matters, I'm gonna be hated for my opinion anyways...]:


-After Mr. Battyman [lol] saves Miss Dawes after the joker drops her out of the window, what ever happens to the party that Mr. Joker and his friends crashed?

-What happened to the scarecrow?? We see him in the beginning the BANG! NOTHING!? He’s a main villain in the batman series but if you're not gonna do anything with him, why even put him in?!

-Other than saving Gotham, what's so big about The Bat? When you have heroes and villains, the villains don’t like the heroes but who was fighting whom? It seems that the joker is just fighting with the people of Gotham but in order to kill said people you obviously have to get through Batman first. But no. the jokers having too much fun with batman to kill him and two-face doesn’t want to mess with batman at all! Harvey’s to busy taking on Gordon and messing with fake luck to take his anger out on the bat. What?? If the villains don't want to get rid of the hero, not only is there no story but there's no point for the heroes at all!

-When Maroni was thrown off the building by Batty Boy you hear a crack and can tell that the fall did some serious damage to Maroni's feet and legs but when you see him getting in the car to meet Harvey, at MOST, a couple days later, he's accompanied by no more than a wimpy cane? Please....

-Is a town really that helpless? They have a crazy, psychotic, death-loving killer on the loose...LEAVE TOWN! Would you really stay in a city where you know innocent people are getting killed only yards away, trusting a man dressing up in latex pretending to be a bat to save you?? Again, don't get me wrong, the batman is an amazing superhero, just not in this movie. It’s just that NO TOWN is that stupid.

-Mr. Fox nearly refuses to spy on people even when he knows that it will save his quaint little town YET he doesn’t hesitate at all to make huge deadly and illegal weapons for his batty friend?

-Put yourself in this position: if you were a C.S.I. investigating a scene that has left 2 men dead, would you really trust this important and delicate scene to a mysterious masked man who you don't even know? We already know about all those Batman impostors so how can you be sure he's even the real thing? Even if you did know it was him, could you trust him like that?

-The entire film didn't feel like a normal Batman movie. at the end of all of the other Batman movies, you as the audience get the feeling of security that you know Gotham is safe until you get back for the next movie and know that you're not going to miss out on any of the action, but no. we didn’t get to see what happened to Mr. joker or where bat boy ended up. When the sequel comes out, are we gonna be way confused?

-Face it; the movie would not have made $200 mil if Mr. Ledger hadn't died.

Enough about the negative highlights [yes, highlights, you want more I have plenty] but since I rather not have people trying to kill me over my opinion of this "coming-of-Christ" film I will add some GOOD points:

-I was never into all the hype about the death of Mr. Heath but I can actually see why it was such a big deal now. He’s a fantastic actor. He portrayed the Joker as a demented, oh so sadistic person. It’s kind of hard to even relate the Joker as a person or human when you think of the terrible things he did...but that's what made the movie. The joker was just a fantastic character, so great that I saw no reason for any of the other villains.

-ummm...that's about all I have....sorry :]

well feel free to leave those immature comments that I know I'm gonna get i.e. "YOU SUCK!" and "BATMAN WAS GREAT!" and other things that you don't take time to think out. If you're gonna go against my OPINION then add some examples of why. I took the time to put down my thoughts so if you have something to say, don't be a coward about it and we can have an honest discussion. Believe me, I can admit when I’m wrong. [btw, you can't be wrong about an OPINION] if you agree with me, that's cool, share your reasons. BUT if you don't have proof to back up what you're saying, please don't share, even if you do agree with me. thanks for reading, feel free to share.

~Miss Fortune

No comments: